Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Monday, November 23, 2009

Inexpensive Beauty Find: Tiffa Gradation Eyeliner

Tiffa is a small drugstore brand produced by Kanebo and offers a small but nice selection of makeup and skincare/sun lotions.
Their eye makeup only contains a few liners and mascaras and I think they have a silver/gold glitter eyeshadow duo, too.


Recently I found those new "Gradation Eyeliner" powder duos on Adambeauty and decided they looked nice and worth to pick up.

The purpose of those duos of a very deep liner and a slightly lighter powder shadow is to achieve a gradually shaded smokey eye.

I ordered both colors, DB & BR (browns) and BK & GY (black/gray). I am very happy with BK & GY but not so impressed with DB & BR.


Each duo comes in a cute black/pink mirrored compact (I forgot to take a pic of the closed compact, lol!) with an included applicator (with a pointy sponge-tip on one side and a good soft brush on the other).


The 2 liner shades are matte and on the dry site. The black one is decently pigmented whereas the dark brown one takes a few layers.
The lighter shades have a shimmery finish and softer texture, especially the gray which is really pretty and pigmented.

All in all I like the gray/black duo as it really lets me create an intense smokey eye. I am not so fond of the brown as the colors are a bit too warm/golden and sheerer.
However if you want a decent brown eyeshadow duo to create a softer day look this is a great choice.

I think I paid US$11 per duo which is really inexpensive for a Japanese brand.


For the EOTD I used the gray on my lids, the black to line (but I also used Kate Supersharp) and 2 colors from my new Castledew palette reviewed below.

7 comments:

vanilla said...

wow i love ur eotd !seriously,ur eyes alone already so perfectly lined !hehe
actually im sure u can recreate that look with other eyeshadow u have !hehe
the vov eyeshadow palette cud have done that job !

Connie De Alwis said...

Those shadows look splendid!

herroyalbleakness said...

Kanebo sure has a couple of "sub brands", eh? $11 for a Jap cosmetics sure is a steal! and i think it has good color pay-off, too.

love your EOTD's, Kathi.

Fifi said...

I love your eyemakeup! :D

NicRTV (陳亞任) said...

wow...I love your EOTD.....your eyes look so beautiful...

Mona said...

loving your EOTD!

~Lisa said...

They're so pigmented and beautiful! Love your EOTD

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates